How my Git repository got corrupt in the first place
Ok, so how my Git repository got corrupt was (sort of) entirely my own fault.
And why it was a problem was definitely entirely my own fault.
I had two stashes in my repository and decided for no apparent reason to pop
the second stash straight after popping the first stash. Git told me there were
conflicts in the second pop. I decided that I shouldn't really have popped them
straight after each other (lesson #1 here) and decided to restore a Time
Machine backup to get to the state where both stashes were still stashed. And
In October 2013 I upgraded both my work Mac running Lion and my home Mac running Snow Leopard to Mavericks. Here's a report of the problems I ran into.
Creating a bootable USB no longer works as easily as it did for Mountain Lion: http://www.oddzuki.com/bootable-os-x-mavericks-usb-flash-drive-9999-error-fix/;
On my home Mac running Snow Leopard I wanted to do a clean install. It turns out this isn't an option in the install process, instead you have to wipe your drive/partition first and then start the installation process;
Admin password problem (didn’t notice lock), only occurred once;
My keyboard lay-out at the login screen somehow got stuck on …continue.
So, I'm finally getting to know Plone. We will be using it for the company website and I should be getting a short training in working and developing with Plone so I can take on the maintenance of the website after delivery.
I had some extra time to delve into Plone before the training and I have to say: Plone definitely has a steep learning curve. It toke me forever just to get it up and running (not being familiar with zc.buildout doesn't help). Just now I had to help my colleague getting everything up and running and he ran into …continue.
For the project I am currently working on at my job I needed to make some HTML page mock-ups. The HTML and CSS were already available within the current version of the website, I just needed to restructure the content a bit and make a few mock-ups of it to see what sort of issues we'd run into.
Initially I just copied the HTML and replaced the old content with the new content. Then I made another copy and replaced it with different content. I then realised what I needed was a tempting system. If I was going to make 10 …continue.